KrebsOnSecurity heard from a reader whose friend recently received a remarkably customized extortion letter via snail mail that threatened to tell the recipient’s wife about his supposed extramarital affairs unless he paid $3,600 in bitcoin. The friend said he had nothing to hide and suspects this is part of a random but well-crafted campaign to prey on men who may have a guilty conscience.
July 13, 2017
- The digital entropy of death: link rot
- Apple fixes Safari exploit that let attackers create tracking supercookies
- Small hacks: Free coffee, spying taxis, and a vulnerable airport
- Telegram Ordered to Hand Over Encryption Keys to Russian Authorities
- Watch Cambridge Analytica Executives Say They Masterminded Trump’s Election Win